The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Every Child, Every Day Academy Trust is comprised of Grey Court School and The Hollyfield School. The trust had a third local secondary school (Chessington School) join in January. The trust provides an education for a total of 2,629 pupils, with 320 employees and operates with a budget of £15.40 million (this increased when the third school joined the trust). The trust seeks a non-executive director to join the board to support its aspirations to grow by adding primary feeder schools which will add hugely to the offer to students, parents, staff and the local community.
The board seeks a business leader with experience in
· Secondary Education Leadership
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
· Raising standards - The trust aims to raise the standards for all pupils and in particular disadvantaged and vulnerable as well as other lower and higher performing cohorts.
· Covid-19 response - It is important to the trust to maintain the standards of teaching and keep a robust offer for all students in spite of the restrictions posed by Covid-19. The focus is on the identification of pupils who are vulnerable to lost learning and the development of strategies to compensate, including providing additional resource and one-to-one support.
· New school integration – The trust will need to ensure that the standards are improved across the schools following the integration of the new school in 2021 and that policies and key savings are fully embedded across all academies within the trust.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
· Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
· Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
· Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.