The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Redstart Learning Partnership is a multi-academy trust (MAT) established in 2011 and situated in South Somerset overseeing nine primary schools. In November 2015 The Redstart Primary School became the second primary school in Somerset to be designated as a Teaching School and is also a National Support School. The trust board has recently refreshed the strategic plan and this is an opportunity to implement the plan to ensure the trust’s continued success.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- human resources or
- legal or
- CEO/Managing Director or
- estates/property management
- corporate governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Ensuring all schools in the trust are rated Good or Outstanding by Ofsted.
- Development of a people strategy and enhanced professional development opportunities
- Continue the sustainable growth strategy for the trust including acting as a sponsor to schools judged Inadequate
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: https://academyambassadors.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/58000000t64T/a/4H000001VoLB/2PD8IOKX2EBJYIXkom7dwDKAK09b.lVwWURyypLJw4E
A description provided by the trust: https://academyambassadors.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/58000000t64T/a/4H000001VoLL/zRTHwO8XsYgwEJeAWtNRDKVgNiLIl4LaWA5u7rU3nyg
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.