The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The White Hills Park Federation Trust comprises five schools located in two clusters on the outskirts of Nottingham. The trust has plans centred on expansion, growth and development, including increasing its school improvement capacity and managing the new build site to replace one of the secondary schools and allow the potential for further expansion. The trust seeks at least two new trustees/non-executive directors to add capacity to the current board. The trust is keen to see applicants with a range of skills particularly those including Data Analysis, Audit, Financial Management and HR. Board meetings are held at Bramcote College, NG9 3GA when safe to do so.
The board seeks three business leaders with board level experience in
· Finance OR
· Audit OR
· HR OR
· Data Analysis
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Expansion – Having recently grown to incorporate two additional schools, the trust aims to continue expanding and assimilating new schools, whilst ensuring that it continues to provide an extensive and efficient central service.
- Development of School Improvement Capacity – The trust seeks to continue to reach beyond its own schools and add to local capacity, as well as further cementing its cross-phase nature.
- New build – Following successful negotiations with the local county council, the trust will be maintaining oversight of the new build of Bramcote College.
The trust has aspirations to be a locally-based provider of 12-15 schools, sharing a common ethos and strong values. It intends to retain school autonomy, but with a strong collective ethos. The board would like to develop a school providing Alternative Provision to support pupils at risk of exclusion and it has an objective to deliver a broad and rich curriculum, with a strong focus on the Arts, Languages and Sports.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. 4-6 board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month, with additional sub-committee involvement in addition.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: https://academyambassadors.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/58000000t64T/a/4H000001VoOU/bnwkr.uTrUBRxfD5Ro_GCDU2DcGYtadV_CIwgGyK6TM
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.