The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
A two-school academy trust providing education for children with a wide range of disabilities and located in Kettering, Northamptonshire, Kingsley Learning Foundation seeks one trustee with experience in general management, charity/corporate governance and risk as it seeks to build collaboration, manage capacity and demand and ensure continuity and consistency across its governance arrangements. The trust has plans to develop and grow further in future.
The board seeks up to three business leaders with board-level experience in
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Building collaboration, consistency and mutual support across the two schools, embedding ethos and methodology;
- Working to manage capacity and demand. Both schools are overwhelmed with demand for placements (Red Kite reaching full capacity two years before planned);
- Ensuring continuity and sufficiency of governance at member, Board and Governing Body level.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which involves attending six board meetings per year, amounting to 14 hours of work a month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: https://academyambassadors.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/58000000t64T/a/4H000001VoN7/rjMzcg5W1Ik73wRpuGB9dd2NA7YEzd1iPN8G6RCNYgo
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.