Founded in 2016, IAT is based in Buckinghamshire, with two secondary schools – Princes Risborough School, a non-selective upper school based in Princes Risborough and Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School (SHFGS) based in Aylesbury. SHFGS was the founding academy which converted to a Multi Academy Trust in July 2016, following an Outstanding Ofsted inspection in January 2016. Princes Risborough School joined the trust in September 2018 following an Inadequate Ofsted judgement in June 2017. With new leadership and a focus on improving outcomes, the school is on an improvement journey, aspiring to a Good Ofsted inspection in the next 12 months.
IAT has aspirations to grow locally and was recently successful in its bid to run a new secondary free school, The Kingsbrook School, due to open in September 2022. The Kingsbrook School will initially open for Year 7 admissions and will also support a 24 place Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) unit to meet local needs. IAT are also in discussions with another local secondary school in anticipation of the school joining the trust later in 2021. The trust is looking for skilled individuals with experience in growth management, education leadership and PR/communications to support the trust through its next stage of development.
The board seeks three business leaders with board level experience in
- Education Leadership OR
- Growth management OR
- PR (communications)
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Change management planning and delivery over the next two years as the trust grows from two schools, with 2300 pupils and 230 staff to at least three schools, including building capacity within the Central Services and Governance teams.
- Opening of a new free school, with support from the Local Authority.
- Ensuring continued school improvement at both of the trust’s current schools, including an effective response to the post pandemic needs of pupils and staff.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
Board meetings are held virtually at this time however will take place at the trust schools, on a rotational basis, when safe to do so.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: https://academyambassadors.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/58000000t64T/a/4H000001Vod8/0aRPsFsliXUHtRwq8SoZ3cKRO9MqNkF7YYDs0z0kW9Y
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.