The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The East Anglian Schools’ Trust (EAST) was established on 1 September 2019 and created a formal partnership between Bungay, Farlingaye and Kesgrave High Schools. A fourth school, Castle East Special School, is in the process of being established and will open in September 2021 under the umbrella of the MAT, and the trust is looking to grow further in the future. The trust is confident that it will create a stronger future for all its schools, and will continue to improve outcomes for all students and young people. It believes that working collaboratively will help provide a first-class educational experience in which all its learners can excel.
EAST’s vision aims:
To enable a passion for learning by encouraging enquiring minds, and resilient confident learners, who are willing to take risks and always rise to a challenge.
To develop a strong sense of community with a wide range of enrichment activities and high aspirations for all pupil.
To foster mental and physical well-being for all pupils and staff, with respectful, trusting relationships.
Pupils are nurtured to be tolerant and respectful towards different cultures and to be active and principled global citizens.
The board seeks one business leader with board level experience in:
· Education Leadership
· Financial Management/Accountability
· Data Analysis/Data Management
· Risk Management
· Estates Management
· Health and Safety
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
1. Establishing the core structures for successful internal and external growth.
2. Developing a school improvement and accountability framework in a nascent trust
3. Creating systems for monitoring and sharing good practice.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment, which at East Anglian Schools Trust means attending 18 meetings per academic year, amounting to approx. 10 hours a month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.