The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Palladian Academy Trust (PAT) operates 10 academies across Bath and Wiltshire providing education for 3,450 primary and secondary aged pupils with £18m budget and 330 staff. It comprises two infant schools, two junior schools, five primary schools and one secondary school. Each school has its own particular ethos and enjoys a mutually enriching partnership within the trust. The Trust Board has appointed a new CEO 1st September and is seeking two non-executive directors/charity trustees with HR or Education expertise to help oversee the next stage of the Trust's development and growth and ensure all learners get the high quality of education they deserve.
The board seeks one business leader with board level experience in:
- Education (Disadvantaged and vulnerable learners, safeguarding)
- HR (performance, cultural change management, restructuring / turnaround)
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
1. Recruitment and induction of a high quality CEO to lead the next stage of the Trust's development and growth, building the reputation of Palladian as a leading Multi Academy Trust (MAT) in terms of practice and ensuring they are the employer, educator and partner of choice.
2. Developing prompt and deep understanding of the needs of their stakeholders as they exit the global pandemic and ensuring swift and effective responses to those needs to ensure their learners are provided with the best, most inclusive opportunities to consolidate their learning to date and flourish going forward.
3. Meeting the challenging financial context in education with ambition, bravery and determination to not shy away from the difficult decisions that ensure the needs of their learners are kept at the forefront of their delivery thus meeting their commitment that every member of the trust truly feels the impact of their vision and values.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which involves attending six board meetings per year, amounting to 14 hours of work a month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: https://academyambassadors.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/58000000t64T/a/4H000001VoXP/oN9p.D.4EWYuu0W2i2hZ3QUorgIPMr0QdYZmUlsm1Uo
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.