The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
LEARNERs’ Trust has expanded to comprise 18 schools, one of which is an all-through Special School and the other 17 being mainstream primary schools. The trust seeks to recruit up to three non-executive directors/trustees, possessing skills in strategic leadership, business growth, HR and compliance and one with specific skills relating to education leadership. Board meetings will be held virtually for the foreseeable future, however when safe to do so they will resume at the trust’s base in Eckington, Derbyshire - very close to the border with Sheffield.
The board seeks three business leaders with board level experience in
· Strategic leadership or
· HR or
· Business Development/Growth or
· Compliance or
· Risk Management or
· Education Leadership
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
1. Further development of talent management and employer of choice strategy;
2. Further secure the operational effectiveness of the trust with a particular focus on finance;
3. Continue the conversation across the trust to support its relentless focus on making teaching as good as it can be.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which involves attending six board meetings per year, amounting to 14 hours of work a month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: https://academyambassadors.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/58000000t64T/a/4H000001VoIR/P_muzBYL9j_BLbJvmO_8YbnJTEYPcO1C4qErk_yS9dI
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.