The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at single-academy and multi-academy trusts (SATs and MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Currently a 9-school multi academy trust, Pathfinder Schools is a growing family of schools, built on a commitment to the development of the children and young people in the communities it serves. One of the trust’s schools was rated Requires Improvement at its last Ofsted inspection, one as Outstanding, and the remaining schools as Good.
Based in the heart of Northamptonshire, the trust exists to deliver the very best educational outcomes for every learner, and empower young people to broaden their horizons and open their minds to new opportunities. Pathfinder Schools purpose is built on a culture of collaboration between staff, schools and pupils. The trust is focused on creating locally centred schools that know each other well and support each other’s growth. Schools wanting to join the trust have the opportunity to work closely with a small group of like-minded professionals who are passionate about inspiring their schools and developing the best possible outcomes for their children.
Pathfinder Schools provides:
- Local school-based partnerships providing personal involvement in a professional organisation
- A school to school improvement model
- Professional development opportunities at all levels of the organisation
- The capacity and flexibility for career development within the organisation
- Visionary and collaborative leadership
- Commitment to develop excellence in school leadership and in teaching and learning
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in:
- Human Resources and
- Strategic Leadership or
- IT and
- Risk Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Recruiting trustees with the skills that are required to drive the trust forward and provide the strategic vision to support and challenge us on this process
- To grow the MAT and welcome new schools into its family.
- To support the one Requires Improvement school to achieve a good rating in its next Ofsted inspection.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which at Pathfinder Schools involves attending 18 meetings per academic year, amounting to approximately 8 hours of work a month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.