The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at single-academy and multi-academy trusts (SATs and MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Jewish Community Academy Trust (JCAT) was formed in March 2019, and currently oversees four primary-age schools on the North-Western side of London, in the Authorities of Enfield, Hertfordshire and Brent. Of these schools: one is rated Outstanding by Ofsted; two as Good; and the final has yet to receive an updated inspection following from its conversion to an Academy, but was deemed Inadequate by Ofsted prior to this. The trust also governs a small Day School in Harrow, that supports 18 pupils, rated as Requires Improvement. The trust has a budget of approx. £9.2m, and employs 217 staff to support its 1300 pupils. The trust’s ethos and members are representative of the United Synagogue and the Office of the Chief Rabbi.
The board seeks two business/education leaders with experience in:
· Primary Education and
· Strategic Educational Leadership
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
1. Covid Recovery – As the pandemic hit, the trust was reaching its first trading year. As a result there is a need to consolidate its current systems.
2. Expansion – To ensure financial security, the trust seeks to take on an additional two schools as a minimum.
3. Educational Recovery – The pandemic has also impacted pupil’s development, and the trust wishes to ensure strong educational recovery.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which at JCAT involves attending 11 board meetings per academic year, amounting to approximately 10 hours a month of work.
You will be responsible for:
· Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
· Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
· Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.