The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Two Counties Trust is an academy trust of nine schools, located in Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. The trust grew quickly following its formation in 2016 – originally with three schools – and is now seeking to maintain its high standards, deliver high quality leadership and enhance its overall development. The trust seeks one new trustee/non-executive director with senior leadership skills in an education setting, either Primary, Secondary or Further Education. Board meetings are currently held virtually, but will resume at the trust’s base in Kirkby in Ashfield, North Nottinghamshire, when safe to do so.
The board seeks three business leaders with board level experience in
- Education Leadership – Primary, Secondary or Further Education
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Standards - to support high standards of teaching and learning which maximises student progress and outcomes;
- Vision and central services - to maintain a clear vision and deliver a strong and efficient central services infrastructure to secure the on-going improvement and development of the trust;
- Leadership and governance - to ensure high quality leadership and governance at Trust Board, Local Governing Body and individual school level.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: https://academyambassadors.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/58000000t64T/a/4H000001Vore/5cxxqg4JE1sLnWezLR28WM2luWx3K0tgqfrU0UmHZbc
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.